Monday, December 15, 2008

GIBBERING all the way


Its kind of weird but ever since my birth I always had a feeling that I was suffering from a strange disease and it was only after I watched 'Taare Zamein par' that slowly I had a hunch that may be I was a patient of dyslexia.

Often in my school days and even during my graduations I had problems tying my shoe laces, deciding which way to comb my hair, fumbling with the tooth paste cork, which escalated to a hell lot of things with time.

For the last few years i have realised that attimes i even say things which apparently always end up jumbling together, they just don't make sense, as if they have turned rebel or have taken a pledge of not supporting each other, they become hellbent to turn gibberish. But i have found out a way of dealing them -- i willfully allow them the liberty to turn gibberish, almost ignoring them to the etent that just cease to exist. although i have some limited success with the idea but it has its fall out too as after sometime i find myself all alone, speaking to myself or people wincing at him.

These symptoms doesn't seem to end and oflate it has also drawn a lot of flak and criticism with many people even giving me the tag of a 'bejha fry'(brain-roaster) especially when my words rebel in friendly get-togethers like b'day parties or marriage anniversities.

One more thing which has started troubling me is few days back is that I have developed this habit of stretching a simple sentence into a long sentence and attimes even to a collection of sentences. Once while returning home from office from one of my regular night shifts, I wanted to ask one of my friend to give me a treat but instead of putting it simply, i ended up giving me a description of the mode of communication, the importance of frequent treats and its side affects. By the time i ended what i wanted to say, the poor guy had already lost it and perhaps fearing as what would be my next attempt he didnt even give me the chance to come again and started conversing with someone else.

I have also developed an anomaly of using adjectives and bestowing people with so much praise as attimes it goes over the top and instead of being impressed, it leaves them frowing. I have tried to control it but the more i try the more it seems to slip out of my fingers.

So fed up with this strange disease of mine i have decided to cut short my conversations and deal in just gestures and postures but even that didnt help as some of my female collegues (even men after 'Dostana') raised objections about my body language. They accused me of provocation and attimes using wrong fingers to convey messages.

Once while trying to tell one of my collgue that i will pick her up at 1 o clock, i used my middle finger instead of my index finger and she got a wrong message, she has stopped talking to me soon after that. So being depressed and depleted with the things happening with me and around me, i decided to come to you , make some net friends -- becuase i know there would be atleast some poeple woho would be interested to talk to me here.

-- So, will you be magnanimous enough to spare a few of ur golden, precious and treasurous moments of life with this lonesome lonely friend?

5 comments:

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

This is quite a strange situation you find yourself in. But since you have managed to do quite fine this far, things will be alright.

Have a great year ahead.

The Sunflower Collective said...

I did not know this :) for so long ...I c someone thinks like me acts like me

you got so many blogs aah! jelous "keep walking "as you say

and yes i am a fan of your qoute "The light is not so bright,afterall"

workhard said...

did u actually show your middle finger....
Seems like your are depressed.. There are a lot of people like that.. believe me, im one of them...

Write poetry

PassionMust said...

was this just a burst on a crappy day - i dont know? most of the things you have talked about i dont think your the only one there would be many more ppl who would relate to that. my 2 cents of advice - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." i dont remember who wrote it but whoever did he must have been a genius - keep walking buddy :)

itsyvitsy said...

Reading this article on your recommendation. :-)

I would believe that the problems you have mentioned here are not dyslexia. I think it is something everyone goes through. When a thousand things are running amok in your mind you tend to do absent-minded actions. But that is not dyslexia. How many times I have searched the entire house for my wallet and found out that it was in one of my hands all the time? Many times! And, if you really had that problem you would've probably known about it from a doctor for sure, wouldn't you?

So take it easy. I am here with you (not the "Dostana" type "with you") and keep writing my friend.