Monday, May 4, 2009

I don't VOTE

Newspapers tell me to vote
But I simply don't care
I put on my branded overcoat
and say politics is so unfair

Radios tell me to vote
But I simply don't care
I hurriedly change the fm station
Unmindful out of the window, I stare

TV channels tell me to vote
But I simply don't care
I switch on to a music channel
and get lost in the blare

Websites tell me to vote
But I simply don't care
I turn on to social networking instead
And chat and rant with flair

My friends tell me to vote
But I simply don't care
I argue relentlessly on top of my voice
vanquished, throw my hands up in the air

And then I tell others to vote
and when they don't care
I give them a piece of my mind
and a 'responsible' look, I wear

8 comments:

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

i don't vote either :) that makes two of us... but in my case its a conscious choice ...

and how come you've stopped reading me? this is not fair.

Blessed said...

thats sweet.. sounds like self-realisation!! :)

The Sunflower Collective said...

I sing it out for sure...thank amit for this

Jayasri said...

Sharp, in-your-face, true and an absolute delight to read. carry on the good work

Amit Kumar Das said...

@LGL: even if a conscious choice there is a provision in the elction commission where u can feel up a form, voting for none of the parties...

@DD: well, its not self-realisation....its my way of showing the mirror to the world...thanks for the comment....:)

@Goirick: I would love to hear u sing the song, if it is worth it....thanks for the inspirational words....:)

@Jayasri: Hey! where u have been all these days....nice to c u again...well, i am happy u could gauge it....thanks for the comment...keep coming!!!

Stupidosaur said...

So finally did you or did you not vote? You poem ends on a little ambiguous note!

I didn't, as you can see...
http://saying-private-yarn.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-will-opposition-be-

Anonymous said...

So, did u vote?
I dont vote either mainly because i am under-age :-)

destinednomad said...

but u must like the election results?!